Family of Four

Family of Four

Sunday, December 30, 2012

28 Weeks: Hello Third Trimester

It hasn't been long since my last post, so there isn't much new info to share except we officially announced baby girls name and Mac started paining the nursery. He is determined to get it done today so I am pretty excited! Photos to come shortly I presume - sans furniture as that has yet to be decided. Oh! And I am officially in my third trimester. I am so excited. Some times I feel like i have been pregnant for so long and then others I feel like it is just flying by. All I know is I am more than ready and excited to meet our daughter. She is going to be so fabulous.

I can't remember when it happened, or if I already posted it, but Chrissy and I picked a date for the shower too! Meaning, if you would like to be there, please send your mailing address ASAP.

It's all coming together so very nicely now (which is a good thing since we are inside 3 months until her expected arrival). With that, I am going to get our registry started today. Mac and I did some pre-registry shopping together a bit back and took photos of a bunch of stuff we like, so I am going to knock that out while he paints her room.

For those of you who missed it, here is baby girl's name! I absolutely love it. There are a few nicknames being thrown out that I am not so fond of, but I guess I better get used to that ;)


I also got a wonderful surprise int he mail from one of my Chi Omega Alumnae friends. I am sure my expression was priceless when I opened it. I was completely surprised and so obsessed. I am going to have the cutest little legacy on the block!



I guess that's pretty much it. Let's get on to the weekly update.




How far along? 28 Weeks 1 Day
Maternity clothes? Yes - I don't know why you wouldn't they are so comfy and there are some really cute items to pick from if you look in the right places (and like to accessorize like me. The sweater is my only maternity item in this weeks photo though.
Stretch marks? None and I intend to do all I can to keep it that way.
Sleep: On and off. Some days I am running on no sleep while others (like yesterday) I sleep through the night, mostly, and then come home to a super long nap. I anticipate this inconsistency will be my new routine both before and after baby - just guessing.
Best moment this week: Family and friend holiday traditions. It makes me so excited to bring her into this amazing group of people we cherish so much. There is so much love and fun all around, we are so blessed and, in turn, so is she. Oh! and setting a tentative date for the baby shower. Yea! Oh, and FIVE new baby's came into our world over the past week and half! Isn't that just insane?!? So ready for my turn!
Miss Anything? Red wine - it smells so delicious. And a fabulous tan and sparkly white teeth. You can bet the first thing I do, when I can, is get sprayed and bleached - after a nice cocktail or two.
Movement: She is starting to kick much harder now. A few times it has actually hurt. I feel like she may very well be bruising me from the inside in her favorite kicking spots. Too bad she is still shy about letting anyone feel her. Soon enough she won't be able to hide it though and I have all the time in the world to wait her out at this point.
Food cravings: Cereal, bagels, frozen grapes, strawberries and sweets. She did get a crazy sugar high from the Glucola  drink (for the gestational diabetes test).
Anything making you queasy or sick: Shredded chicken. 
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy! There is so much excitement going on right now. I am loving all of it (well maybe not the part where it's difficult to bend over to put my shoes on. Boy getting dressed has been more and more challenging.
Looking forward to: Registering for baby shower and seeing the newly painted nursery once it is done. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...