Family of Four

Family of Four

Sunday, December 16, 2012

26 Weeks: Lovely Little Lashes

It has been quite the week for baby and me. On Wednesday I had lunch with Chrissy and Brodie  at PF Chang's and did little shopping. I just love spending time with this girl. She is a fabulous mommy and a great friend. I just hope I can be half as awesome as she is! Then that night I headed to the Suns game with Jadiann and, I must say, she scored us some pretty great seats. I am so glad I have been getting to see so much more of her lately. 

Friday night was our Annual Holiday party (relocated to Zach's house while I grow this tiny human) where almost of our closest friends were there to celebrate. We throw two large parties each year, my pink party and the holiday party. It was a bit sad handing over the reigns to Zach this year but it always amazes me how many new friends we add each time. And seeing it from totally sober eyes this time was quite an experience. Haha. But I did put on my big girl pants and stay out until 1:30. I was so proud. but yes, baby and i slept in SO LATE the next morning. 

Saturday was Taylor and Vantine's oldest son, Caleb's, birthday. Speaking of great moms ... that girl rocked the party games. Due to rain, the park party was moved indoors and Vantine had 15 or so little children running around her house, plus all their parents and a few of our friends. It was quite an event and she (and Taylor too) pulled it off like a pro. Later that night we picked up Amanda and Glass from the airport and they will be staying with us all week. Mac transformed our currently empty nursery into a pretty great little guest bedroom for them and the house is all picked up and decorated. I know it's silly, but little things like that make me oh so happy. :) And I am so happy to have them here! Our first official house guests since getting this place all to ourselves. I feel like such a grown up. Which I guess is about time since this little one will be here faster than we know it. I just wish I had planned my PTO better, instead of the random days I took off the past few weeks I could have used a fe days this week to hang with them instead of going to work.

As you can see, a busy, busy week for the Mac Family, but you know I love staying busy - so I am happier than ever of course. Now ... on to the weekly update!



How far along? 26 Weeks 1 Day
Maternity clothes? Yes, H&M Maternity sweater in this picture.
Stretch marks? None and I just got a bunch of great products to review for AZ Spa Girls so I am pretty excited about that!
Sleep: Sleep was ok this week. Lots racing through my mind keeping me awake, but just one or two nights that were really bad.
Best moment this week: Getting to spend so much time with my fabulous friends! 
Miss Anything? Alcohol. With all the fun festivities around us this week, I realized just how much I enjoy the ability to have a glass of wine, cocktail or beer. The desire to go out and get wasted wasn't there but on several occasions I found myself thinking how nice it would be to have a glass of (insert alcoholic beverage here). But I am surprised I haven't missed it more - just the social scene that goes with it. Luckily the group of friends I inherited by being Mac's other half is truly amazing and I have been making an effort to see a lot more of them lately. Apparently they even like me sober ;) haha
Movement: I feel like she is still moving much less. I have been out and about a bit more this week so maybe the movement is just keeping her sleepy and still, but if she doesn' getg back to her active little self pretty soon, I'm going to start getting pretty worried and may head to the Dr. 
Food cravings: Cereal, fresh fruit, anything sweet, soup, root beer.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing really. I don't push it with the chicken, but it's made an appearance in many more of my meals lately.
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or moody most of the time: I was exceptionally happy the last part of this week. I think my change in mood can be directly correlated with the increase in time I have seen my fabulous friends. I truly am one lucky girl!
Looking forward to: Picking a new name for baby girl, getting the registry started and picking out nursery furniture.

Thanks for stopping by and checking in on me and little miss! See you next week for another update!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...