Family of Four

Family of Four

Sunday, December 9, 2012

25 Weeks: Sugar & Spice (Ultrasound Photos Too!)



Well this week started off with some bad news. The name we had decided on soared to the top of the 2012 most popular names list so it's officially out. :( While it wasn't the name I always thought I would give to my little girl, I really loved it. Normally I wouldn't care and just go with what I want anyway; however, I have no desire to have 10 other little girls in her class with the same name. It's funny, we had narrowed our long list to the top three and made a decision from there so I had originally thought we would just go with one of those, but now they don't seem good enough, so the hunt starts again. We have another list started but it's even harder making a decision the second tie around. Have a suggestion? :) Leave it in the comments below. At this point we can use all the help we can get. Thinks pretty and classic.

One win this week though, was all the painting that got done in the downstairs of our house! Just two more walls of our tan color and we can move onto the reddish brown accents walls. WooHoo! It's been quite some time in the making and there will still be lots of work to do to the house once this phase of painting is done, but I am elated. I can't describer the overwhelming joy I get walking into my house now. I think I mentioned it in the last blog, but it is so nice to have each room picked up and put together. My kitchen, , living room and dining rooms haven't been this consistently clean since I moved in with Mac (and whatever roommates were with us at the time) and I can hardly wait to get rid of the excess furniture in the remaining rooms and have them follow suit. We may have a few items up for grabs here shortly for those that are interested, so keep your ears open. 

Speaking of that, if anyone wants a nice 60" flat screen TV (similar to this one) let me know. Well on to the bump!




How far along? 25 Weeks
Maternity clothes? I love my maternity clothes, but not rocking any in this weeks picture. 
Stretch marks? None
Sleep: Sleep was ok this week. Lots racing through my mind keeping me awake, but just one or two nights that were really bad.
Best moment this week: I went for my monthly doctor appointment and Dr says baby girl is doing great. I'm measuring well, she's measuring well and, while we have had a few bumps along the way with some extra monitoring and a few extra precautionary measures, she seems perfectly healthy.
Miss Anything? A tan, the "ease" of picking out my outfits in the morning, happy hours/crazy nights out with the girls. Although I will say I have some great friends who have stepped up to keep me from going stir crazy on the weekends now that the social calendar has been lacking. Especially miss Chrissy who has been my regular Friday night partner.
Movement: She's been moving a bit less this week but still kicking me around a bunch. She has totally been making a liar out of me though this week. the few times I try to let someone feel her kicking she goes completely still and won't move an inch. People are going to start thinking I am making it up ;)
Food cravings: Cereal, fresh fruit and anything sweet.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Chicken ... but not always, it's hit and miss.
Have you started to show yet: Yes :) I love the little bump (although it's not quite so little anymore). While I am not a fan of putting aside some of my favorite outfits, I know the bigger I get, the bigger and healthier she is getting - so it's totally worth it!
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or moody most of the time: I was exceptionally happy the last part of this week. A few people rub me the wrong way, very easily, for no real reason, but most of the time you will find a smile on my face!
Looking forward to: Picking a new name for baby girl, getting the registry started and picking out nursery furniture.

Oh, and since I was too lazy to put up the latest (actually last two visits I think) ultra sound photos last week, here they are:



Her hands are up by her face so the ultrasound technician said it looked like she was praying 
(head is to the right, chest/stomach toward the bottom and down to the left corner)

5 little toes

she always has her hands by her face!

trying to suck on her toe
(Head to the left)

Still trying to put her toes in her mouth, this time mouth is open
(Head to the left with foot by the mouth)



All in all a great week, with the exception of the name snafu of course. Thanks, as always, for stopping by. Stay tuned for more updates and don't forget to throw out some name ideas in the comments!



1 comment:

  1. I would help you with names, but I am struggling as well. I thought I was set on a boys name and a girls name and now I just don't know if I love them... Naming a child is not easy. With Max it took us a while to pick a name but when we did (hours after he was born!) we knew it was what he was to be called all along. Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...