Family of Four

Family of Four

Friday, September 14, 2012

12 Weeks: Goodbye First Trimester!

Well here I am ... just one day from officially beginning my 2nd trimester! Around the start of week 11 the bump officially made it's appearance and there was no turning back. No matter how much sucking in and ab flexing I tried the little bump was always just slightly noticeable. Of course, anyone who doesn't know would think I just had one too many cold ones the night before, but nope - that's little baby Mac trying to make his or her presence known. This kid is definitely mine ;)

So, I say goodbye to my first trimester with a very late weekly bump photo. It's amazing how much difference one extra layer makes!







How far along? 12 Weeks, 6 Days
Total weight gain/loss: 1.5 lbs
Maternity clothes? Bella Bands are amazing! But nope, still in my pre-preggo clothes (though pants are a little snug and waist belts are not my friend after lunch!)
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: I sleep much better than I did the first few weeks, but boy am I still tired all the time!
Best moment this week: Letting everyone know we are expecting. 
Have you told family and friends: Yes!
Miss Anything? Wine!
Movement: Not yet
Food cravings: Lemonade, cookies and oranges
Anything making you queasy or sick: Salad (the lettuce part) and chicken
Have you started to show yet: A little bump so far - basically looks like I ate a few too many cupcakes or threw back too many cocktails.
Gender prediction: Daddy says boy, everyone else says girl and mommy has no clue. I call baby 'he' some days and 'she' others ... both feel natural.
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Weekly Wisdom: Prenatal massages are not a waste of time! They are actually quite heavenly. And someone really needs to come up with a preggo-friendly migraine medication.
Looking forward to: Finding out the gender, designing the nursery and shopping for a cute winter maternity wardrobe!


This week brought all sorts of fun and firsts for our rapidly growing baby. On Sunday I had my first mommy-to-be massage at Agave Spa (thanks to the AZ Spa Girls' Summer Spaaah Series). I was a little skeptical of the baby-friendly massage because I am a deep tissue girl all the way, but Oh.My.Gosh! It was amazing and just what I needed. If you are in need of a good massage, pregnant or not, I highly recommend Jessica. She was one of the best massage therapists I have ever had. I can definitely see a few more in my and baby's future for sure!


Later in the week Mac and I headed to Gammage to see Les Miserables. It was phenomenal. I am not sure how I went all these years without seeing it (and still wound up knowing half the songs) but boy am I glad I finally did. Thank you so much mom and dad for getting me tickets. We are certainly getting baby Mac off to a good start with musical/theatre picks. It will be fun to see it together when he/she is older and I can reminisce how the first time I saw it was while they were just a few weeks old in my tummy. Oh yes, I am going to be that mom. :)


One not so fond memory of this week is this migraine that won't quit. It came on about noon on Thursday and is still going strong almost 32 hours later. I try really hard not to complain about symptoms because, honestly, I have been really blessed with minimal nausea and just some slight breaking out. But boy this one ifs not fun. I hope this isn't an indicator as to what I have lying ahead in the next trimester (although I hear migraines are pretty common. Sigh. Well, this one is just about driving me insane so looking at the screen is becoming rather unbearable. I guess that's it for my "goodbye first trimester" blog. See you all in #2. Thanks for reading. Stay tuned for more expanding belly shots and exciting milestones for our growing family!


xoxo,


Samantha

1 comment:

  1. You look wonderful! So happy for you guys! You are going to be an awesome mom! Oh and I love your chalkboard idea. So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...