Family of Four

Family of Four

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Baby Mac Has A Name!

As I mentioned in my weekly update, baby girl finally has a name (again). For those of you who do not know, we had completely decided on a fabulous little name but, just a few days after announcing it to the families, found out that everyone else thought it was a fabulous name too ... for their little girls. Sadly, our carefully selected name had sky rocketed to the top of the most popular girl names for 2012. For those of you who aren't currently obsessed with baby names, it was Sophia. And with that, the name went out the window and our search for the perfect name started all over.

We had come up with a short list of names prior to coming up with Sophia, but after deciding on that as her name, neither of the alternates felt right. After weeks of coming up with new name combinations, we finally narrowed it down to a few top favorites once again and on Sunday I made Mac sit down so we could finalize our choice. He is so funny with decisions, we went back and forth for days and hours on end about narrowing it down, but couldn't get to just one. Then, when we decided it was time make the decision, he grabbed the list (3 names with several middle name options for each), went into the other room and, within minutes, came back with the name he wanted - and, luckily, I agreed. 

So, without further ado, our baby girl will be named ...





For as long as I can remember I have always imagined naming my little girl McKenzie (Kenzie) and after Sophia was out, Mac suggested adding it back to the list to consider. I couldn't be happier. In case you are wondering, here are the names we had on our short lists:


It is such a relief to finally have a name for our baby girl. It definitely makes it all seem so much more real. Now, on to getting her nursery figured out! I think we are finalizing paint decisions this week. Mac is home from work until the 2nd and really wants to get the house finished. So, hopefully we have that nailed down soon as well. Then the furniture should fall into place shortly after.

I also spoke with one of my besties who offered to host my baby shower and selected a date for that too! Looks like we will be taking some time to register this week now too. I am so happy that all my not-so-little to-dos are starting to fall right off the list. The uber-prepared and planning side of me has been freaking out that these big ticket items are still on the list, but the indecisive/afraid to pick the wrong thing side of me has been a big part of why we have come 6+ months without any progress, on anything. I guess the procrastinating had to come to an end some time. Stay tuned, there are sure to be plenty more updates in the very near future. 

As always, thanks for stopping by the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...