Family of Four

Family of Four

Saturday, January 12, 2013

30 Weeks: Baby Girl Has Furniture - Kinda



30 weeks? Really? Not that is has been speeding by, by any means, but 30 weeks seems so much further along than 28 and 29 did. I mean, if you think about it, this little one could be here as early as 7 weeks from now. Scary and awesome, all at the same time. 

It's been a long week trying to push past this lingering cold. the whole things has given me little patience with people and I find myself annoyed easily,by everything. I can just say, I wouldn't have wanted to be around me this week ;) 

We did sit down and discuss the nursery more and decided on a crib and changer. We are going with some custom pieces from AFK Furniture, the place that is owned by our friends' family and has done several celebrity nurseries. I blogged about them in my 22 week update. There is also a glider that we are looking at, but it would require me to change the bedding I picked out and I haven't really found anything else that I like ... I am torn.

I also sat down with my friend Chrissy, who is planning my baby shower, and we talked about all the details - I am so excited! My invites have been ordered and should be in the mail to everyone by Tuesday. It is all getting so very real and exciting.

I also did a ton of research into photographers for both maternity and newborn sessions, so I have to sit down with my list and make a decision. There are so many talented photographers in Phoenix, it is going to be difficult to decide.

Well, I guess that is all for now, I could have sworn there was something I was actually intending to talk about in this blog, but can't remembered causing it to turn into the usual rambling - sorry. I blame pregnancy brain ;) So, on to the weekly update.

How far along? 30 Weeks
Maternity clothes? Yes. Not really wearing any in this photos, but Maxi dresses/skirts are apparently all the rage when you are preggo? I have tried and tried to pull them off before because Mac seems to like them (not just on pregnant women, but in general). I have purchased a few maxi dresses over the years but always wind up giving them away because I never ever wear them. But, I am giving it a try today, we will see how it goes and if I am an official convert.
Stretch marks? None and I intend to do all I can to keep it that way.
Sleep: not so great ... it takes awhile to fall asleep and I wake up throughout the night and it is increasingly difficult to fall back asleep. Let's just say I spend a lot of time on pinterest these days ;)
Best moment this week: Ordering the invitations for the baby shower and making some decisions about our nursery furniture.
Miss Anything? Happy hour invites, not because I miss my booze really - although a glass of wine is on the top of my list once it's allowed - and a vodka soda or two ;) i really just miss going out. I will never understand why people change how they act around friends who are pregnant. No, I don't want to close down the bars very night, but that doesn't mean I won't go for a quick bite and hang out after work. It's funny how many people are surprised how much fun I still am on the occasion I do get  invited out with them.
Movement: She's been having hiccups lately. It's pretty cute. And she enjoys beating me up from the inside. I can full-on see it through my stomach now from time to time. It's so cool! She is even long enough to kick me in the bladder and hit me in the ribs at the same time, or play drums on both the right and left sides at the same time.
Food cravings: Fresh fruit, chocolate, cereal, ice cream and Sweet Tarts.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Shredded chicken large meals - there is very little room in there past baby and small snacks these days.
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In, but totally starting to flatten out.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or moody most of the time: Moody, people irritate me very easily this week.
Looking forward to: Finishing the nursery, getting my house cleaned up and scheduling our maternity photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...