Family of Four

Family of Four

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A Look Back At 2012

This year has been quite an exciting one. Lots of fun with friends and family and, of course, the big news of a new addition to our little family! A blogger who I absolutely love, does a year in review with some highlights and pictures form each month and I think it is really great, so ... I am copying her. I am going to try to keep it to just a few so it;s not the worlds longest post, so pardon me if any special moments are missed. I have a horrible memory. I should probably prepare for next year's as I go this year ;)

JANUARY
"All dressed up ... and nowhere to go!" Started the year off with a bang at the Anderson cabin in Pinetop.

and a little boarding at Sunrise

Took my nephew Kaden on a post-Christmas adventure on the Polar Express with the family.

Saw Shane Doan's hat trick with my daddy! Boy was Mac sad he decided not to go to this game. 

Started my new job in Digital Advertising at Republic Media

FEBRUARY
Phoenix Waste Management Open

Backstage at Will.I.Am

Elena came to Phoenix, just in time for Mardi Gras!

Snowboarding trip to Mammoth with our good friends John and Randi

MARCH
Hubby turned 28. We celebrated with a hockey game and debauchery on the west side of town with good friends.

Many, many spring training games - this is a photo from my team outing with work.

My brother and his family came to visit!

APRIL
Marquee Triathlon with Lynn and Nicole! Of all the races we have supported each other in, this was the first Nicole and I actually did together (even though she kicked my butt).

My first time doing Pat's Run. I hope to make it an annual thing, but this year's race falls just a few weeks after little miss' due date, so we shall see.

Happy Birthday Bestie!

Our good friends John and Randi got engaged!

MAY
Kaden's first dance recital.

AZ Spa Girls' Summer Spaaah Series Kicks off the 2012 season at Joya Spa

My brother and Mary got married! Unfortunately, Mac and I already had our anniversary trip to Boston booked, so we couldn't go :(

Mac and I celebrated our two year anniversary in Boston - and decided we were ready to expand our little family.

Red Sox Game while on our trip - this game turned out to have quite a bit of action with a fight on the field between the two teams.

We also went to Celtics vs Sixers Playoff Game 7 

JUNE
Successfully hiked Camelback Mountain  for the first time!

A friend asked me to help out with the Social Media Day - Phoenix fashion show. I was Facebook :)

My Niece, Dayla, came into town to visit her mom

so I got to spend some quality time with the other niece/nephew clan! I am so lucky to have 12, soon-to-be 14, amazing kiddos in my life!

JULY
Happy birthday to me! A fabulous little happy hour with friends/co-workers followed by my annual pink party extravaganza!

We found out we were expecting! But shhh .. it was still a secret ;)

Meanwhile, my brother and sister-in-law announce they are also expecting, one month before we are!

AUGUST
We told his parents we were pregnant with these cups stuffed with and ASU and UofA onesie. 

We told my parents with this plaque (since this is not their first grandchild - so the mug wouldn't have been as big of an impact)

The weekly chalkboard updates begin!

And we get the first glimpse at our baby!


NAU vs ASU game - proud alums (even if we did lose)

Kaden started Kindergarten!

Mac's cousin Tyler and his adorable girlfriend Cristin got engaged!

SEPTEMBER
We spent Labor Day with his parents in Solana beach - so close to the big announcement!

While in Solana beach, we went to the Del Mar Horse Races for my first time betting on ponies. I actually made a fe bucks too. But the best part?! Elena was there too!!

Then later in the week we headed up to Dana Point to see John and Randi

and my fabulous little came by for dinner!!

We made our exciting news Facebook official!

and this little blog got a face lift in preparation for baby!

Yay! Second trimester!

Kaden turned 5!

OCTOBER
We found out we were having a baby girl, and celebrated with a fun gender reveal party with tons of our friends and family.

NOVEMBER
My husband's company, MAC6 hosts it's grand opening event.

One of my besties, Elena, got engaged!

DECEMBER
Finally starting to show!

Took my nephew Kaden to the Phoenix Children's museum. He had such a great time!

Our annual holiday party!

I was fortunate to be able to spend more time with Miss Jadiann the last month or so. She is so fabulous and when she gets to be a big and famous newscaster, I will get to say I knew her when :)

Our friends Glass and Amanda came to town and became our first official house guests since we got rid of our roommates.

We hosted a Hanukkah dinner (it had been years since our friends had gotten together for one) at our house.  I wish I had a better picture with people in it. But this is all that has surfaced so far :(


Fabulous traditions with friends and family!

We decided and announced that our daughter will be named McKenzie Grace

Third trimester!

As you can see it has been a very busy and exciting year. Looks like I wasn't able to keep it as short as I originally intended.Sorry!

We are so blessed to have such amazing friends and family and can't wait to see what 2013 brings - besides our adorable little girl of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...