Family of Four

Family of Four

Saturday, January 5, 2013

29 Weeks: Our Little Night Owl

I successfully made it through New Year's Eve! The alcohol thing didn't concern me much, but I wasn't certain how long I would be able to stay out. Turns out, I hung the whole night and closed the bar down with our friends. It is quite a different experience through sober eyes. Haha. It was really nice knowing all my friends had safe rides home, but finally curling up in bed at 3am was heavenly. 

The rest of the week wasn't such a victory however, as I was pretty much bed ridden with a nasty cold. Mac was so great taking care of me and doing everything he could to relieve some of the discomfort, but pregnancy is quite the downer when it comes to medicinal cures, so i relied heavily on my humidifier, plenty of liquids and lots of rest. One night, when the sore throat and coughing were just unbearable, I tried some hot water with lemon and honey, but boy oh boy did that get McKenzie all worked up. We are talking serious tumbling and kick sessions for at least an hour. So, while I got some relief from the coughing, I still wasn't able to sleep because little miss was on a sugar high from the honey. Oh well - I am slowly getting better and was even able to get out and about a bit today. 

While out today, I did notice the whole heightened sense of smell that is supposed to come with pregnancy was definitely in full effect. From chocolate on Mac's breath to bathroom cleaning chemicals through closed doors, it was quite an experience, and not necessarily a pleasant one. That said - check out this belly! Granted, most of my photos are done in the morning and I did this one at night (which I swear the bump grows in size by every passing minute and resets itself while I sleep).


Oh and guess what - this week's photo gives you a nice sneak peek at the nursery in progress. 2 walls are painted like this and the other 2 have a light grey on top. The white line in the middle will be a chair rail in a wood stain to match whatever furniture we select!






How far along? 29 Weeks
Maternity clothes? Yes, I am wearing one of my new maternity dresses from Christmas is the photo :)
Stretch marks? None and I intend to do all I can to keep it that way.
Sleep: Awful this week thanks to my stupid cold. Seriously, I would wake myself up from coughing and it would wake up little miss who would then think it was time for karate practice.
Best moment this week: Finishing our registries, picking my shower invites and getting the final guest list together. 
Miss Anything? Cold medicine. It took SO long to get over this cold and I am still not 100% better. It was no fun at all. I still really miss spray tanning too. Notice the absence of bare legs? No, that is not because it is winter - we don't have that season here in AZ ;) It is because I am ghostly white.
Movement: Her kick are getting much stronger and she moves all the time. Her most movement happens in the middle of the night - she definitely takes after her mom and dad with being a little night owl.
Food cravings: Cereal, fresh fruit, bagels, frozen grapes, cheese and shocolate. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Shredded chicken. 
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or moody most of the time: Miserable and moody thanks to this dang cold.
Looking forward to: Picking out nursery furniture and installing the chair rail in her room.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...