Family of Four

Family of Four

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

26 Week: Double Digit Countown

I have a sick kid on my hands today, so I am going to keep it short while she naps so I can use the time to do the millions of other things that get put on hold when all your tot wants to do is cuddle on the couch - and hey, who am I to complain, I certainly know that won't last long.

I've started going through Mckenzie's old baby stuff and deciding what needs to be traded/replaced due to pink and glitter galore. It's not a lot (luckily) but enough. My biggest struggle is the furniture situation. She is still in her pretty pink crib and very content there; however, when we picked this nursery furniture it was with the complete intent to reuse it for baby number two. We will need to have the fabric reupholstered now that we know number two is going be a boy of course, but I am still so torn. Do we just opt for a second nursery setup and hope she does stay in there awhile, like we are thinking, or do we force her into a "big girl bed" and fight that battle? On one hand, it will help with my want to day and night potty train at the same time, which is also coming soon, but on the other, she LOVES her crib and bedtime is pretty easy for us right now. Even if she is not ready to go to bed, she will sit in her crib, read a book and eventually fall asleep. With free access to roam her room, I am not sure we will have the same ease, and with a new baby on the way, I can use all the ease I can get.

So ... that's pretty much what's going on in the Mac household. Let's move on to our bump watch - we are down to double digits until baby boy's due date!


How far along: 26 Weeks - this photo was taken yesterday, so I wasn't as big of a slacker this week - progress, not perfection, right?
Workouts: My burpees have turned into more of a frog jump burpee lately thanks to the growing bump, but at least I can still do them, right haha. Still doing my total body workouts with Fit4Mom classes but doing a little less plyometric moves these days - those who have been pregnant can probably guess why ;) But I feel great and love that I get to workout through this pregnancy. It has really helped me feel like I am in more control this time around (even if I'm not) and I just feel so much better (mentally and physically) this time around. I don't know if I mentioned it already, but Mac got me a FitBit for Valentine's Day which has been really fun. I get really mad if I don't drastically exceed my 10,000 step goal - and today might be one of those days thanks to being couch ridden with Z.
Maternity clothes: Yes and no. Pants yes, most tops aren't necessary, but they tend to look better, accenting the bump rather than just looking big and bulky. 
Sleep: Less awesome this past week, but that's more due to a chronic cough rather than the pregnancy.
Best moment this week: He started moving around a bunch more again. I was getting a little worried with his lack of movement and he decided to be crazy active this week to help ease any panic, what a good boy! OH! and I almost forgot, we went and did our registry this past weekend, which means we picked bedding and a theme for the room. We are going with navy blue and white with a nautical feel, but not over the top. I still want to find a nice accent color, like gold or aqua that will make the room pop, but I suppose that will come with the details. 
Miss Anything: My patterned leggings. I am not brave enough to wear them right now, that and my prior lack of back pain. 
Movement: He was moving and kicking around a bunch this week.
Food cravings: Caramel apples, milk, cheese, soup, rice, oranges, green grapes, root beer floats
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really. 
Labor Signs: Nope, just an achy back and some slight round ligament pain.
Belly Button in or out: In
Wedding rings on or off: On
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy and motivated

Looking forward to: Deciding on nursery furniture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...