Family of Four

Family of Four

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

23 Weeks: "I Love You See You Soon"

From the moment we found out we were having a little boy, we have been talking to McKenzie about her baby brother. She just loves giving my belly (which is much easier to find these days haha) hugs and kisses. And she always says "I love you baby brother. See you soon!" It's seriously the cutest. I just hope she is as sweet to him when he's here -- taking her toys and undivided attention. ;) I'm not too concerned about the baby stages (maybe naively) because I have seen how caring and sweet she is to our friend's babies. It's more of the crawling phase that I think will be an issue for her. We shall see.

I'm kind of drawing a blank on anything of actual value to tel you about from this past week, so I guess we'll just get on to the bump watch ... enjoy!



How far along? 23 Weeks 
Workouts: I am teaching 4 classes a week (2 Stroller Strides and 2 Fit4Baby) and try to jump in for sets when I can, otherwise I try to get in at least 20 minutes of strength/resistance work a day. But my exciting workout this week came from the Game Day Workout I created to play along with the Super Bowl. My shoulders KILLED on Monday from all the push-ups! I'm also really excited for Liz's Yoga/Pilates class on Saturday! Yay!
Maternity clothes? Still in the awkward {aka frustrating} in between phase of maternity and regular clothing. It's really annoying to attempt to put on a pair of jeans that just wont budge and even the waist band of my leggings is having a hard time deciding where to rest. SO ANNOYING! But, no maternity clothes in this week's photo. Well, except a Bella Band which I wear almost every day for the added belly coverage.
Sleep: heartburn is bad at night, as is bathroom breaks. Plus, with the "no lying on your back" orders from the doctor, (did I mention this? Apparently his heart rate likes to drop really low within just a few minutes of immobile supine positioning) paired with annoying back pain this week, I just can't seem to get comfortable. Needless to say, I'm a little tired these days.
Best moment this week: Despite being a bit tired from lack of sleep, I have found myself with that second trimester energy I have been waiting anxiously for. While I'm not running any marathons, I have found myself more motivated to get some stuff done - even setting up a registry on Amazon for our family baby shower and getting an initial guest list to my generous hostesses.
Miss Anything? With this pregnancy my doctor is less particular about the "do not eat" list. Luckily he says smoked salmon is fine, otherwise that's would be a big craving (like last time). 
Movement: He flips, flops and kicks constantly. He really likes to sucker punch me in the bladder just to remind me he's there - that's pretty awesome.
Food cravings: Fresh fruit, root beer floats, caramel apples, milk and pickles (yes ... I am that typical pregnant chick lately). 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really. But I am rarely hungry, so I have to force myself to eat most of the time or I get sick.
Have you started to show yet: YES! Completely undeniable bump and I'm not all that happy about it. Although, just like with Z, I am basically gaining weight evenly and my thighs are taking the brunt of gain this week.
Labor Signs: Not really, just not-so0fun back pain and the same pressure/growing pains.
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy with a hint of moody thanks to the tiredness and back pain.


Looking forward to: Picking a name and bedding - we can't seem to agree on either!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...