Family of Four

Family of Four

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

24 Weeks: 6 Months In

This week has been pretty standard. Workout, hang with Z, go to the neighborhood park, slowly buy stuff for the baby. We've been taking Zs neighborhood bestie, Elle, with us to the park a little bit this week while her mom (LIz) takes care of little Lucy who is in the hospital with RSV :( It's been a lot of fun watching them run around together and play so nicely. It's such a blessing having someone she gets along with so well practically in our back yard. Hopefully Z gets along as well with baby brother!

Oh! And I completely forget about my Dr. appt this week. Luckily I checked my calendar last night and saw it on there. Man, it seems like the last 4 weeks just FLEW by. One more 4 week appointment (that includes the oh-so-delicious glucose test) then on to bi-weekly appointments. I can't believe we are getting so close to the third trimester already. 

Alright, who's ready for the weekly bump watch?!





How far along? 24 Weeks (and a couple days) - was a slacker this week
Workouts: I took Liz's Pilates/Yoga class this past Saturday and felt so uncoordinated, not to mention my vinyasa flow push-up sets were severely lacking. Luckily it's a weekly class so I can only get better from here (let's hope!). I have also been better about going to Stroller Strides when I am not teaching plus getting in some "couch potato" workouts this week. Lots of resistance training in hopes to keep the fat trimmed ;) I'm currently mid-post for the couch potato workout (it's been a draft for longer than I'd like to admit) so it should be coming in the next few days. Now I just need to get back to running.
Maternity clothes? Full blown bump, means maternity clothes are in full effect, well the bottoms at least. I try to wear leggings from time to time, but since I tend to carry some of my pregnancies in my thighs, I am not a fan of most of my patterned selections at the moment. 
Sleep: It's been pretty good. Heartburn hasn't been so bad this past week, just a bit of back pain and hip pain from lying on my side, but my insomnia seems to have finally subsided, so yay!
Best moment this week: Since I am a few days late on posting, this week had a few extra days including my 24 week appointment. I brought little miss Z with (thanks to my friend Jessica for letting me borrow her Umbrella stroller) and hear his heartbeat. No ultrasound photos, but just knowing everything looks and sounds good accourding to the doctor makes me happy! Although, I do miss the bi weekly photo sessions I had with Z.
Miss Anything? My patterned leggings! Waaaah. they just accent the thighs too much for my liking at the moment.
Movement: Tons, but still haven't been able to catch it t a time where Mac or Z could feel it.
Food cravings: Caramel apples, milk, girl scout cookies (but really, isn't everyone right now?)
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not that I can think of.
Have you started to show yet: Just like with Z, 24 was my magic week to get the popped out/defined bump.
Labor Signs: Nope, just standard growing pains.
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or moody most of the time: Definitely more moody this week.


Looking forward to: Picking a name and bedding - still at a stand still for both.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...