Family of Four

Family of Four

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

38 Weeks - Nesting

Looks like nesting has officially kicked in. I can't see something dirty or disorganized without wanting to clean it up. Although with a 2 year old on my heels, I don't always get to-nor do I have the energy. But ... I DID {{finally}} get my hospital bag packed. Now it just needs the few last minute things (which I use on a daily basis) tossed in when it's time to go. It feels so good to have that taken care of! I did have a bit of a fashion crisis in regards to the outfit(s) C and Z would wear when they finally get to meet, but that has luckily, been all cleared up.

Oh! And we went and bought the remaining items that we "needed" for baby C, including hangers, which means all his clothes are finally hung. Yay!  

This week I am also SO UNCOMFORTABLE and, today,in quite a bit of pain. While the swelling is surprisingly low today, my knees and ankles are KILLING me and I am getting terrible pelvic and "down there" pressure/pain. Pretty sure this little one won't be cooking much longer. Totally scary and exciting all at the same time. And, since he's full-term and I am fully over being a blimp, so I'm initiating the hashtag #comeoutcharlie! 

With that, let's get on to the bump watch festivities. Who knows, it might just be my last one! Ahhhh! 


How far along: 38 Weeks 
Workouts: Did an awesome at-home workout last week, because I was confined to my house all day for our 1-year warranty repairs. I also finally made it to a stroller strides class I wasn't teaching! Woohoo! And, of course, still have my 2 classes I teach a week. So, I'm staying pretty active. But ... I've really noticed a change in what I am physically able to do and have had to do so many modifications as of late. It kind of makes me mad, but hey! considering I made it 38 weeks, mostly unrestricted, I guess that's pretty good!
Maternity clothes: Just my Bai Bei Belly Band in this picture, but I bought my awesome "Moms Make The Best Friends Shirt" in a large so I could wear it with the bump - I also bought a small for when I drop all this dang baby weight! 
Sleep: Z has been waking up every night between 3:30 and 4:30 so, on top of my own issues, that's been a fun little wrench in the sleep system. Especially because most nights it takes me at least an hour to fall back asleep. 
Best moment this week: Getting my bags packed and all his clothes hung. 
Miss Anything: lots! Core exercises (I know, I'm odd!) Wine! My shoes! My wedding rings! Sleep! My regular sized thighs - that don't look completely absurd in leggings.
Movement: Yesterday and this morning he gave me quite the scare because I couldn't remember the last time I had felt him really move around. But he has made up for it today. 
Food cravings: CHICOLATE MILK! Fruit smoothies, frozen gummy bears, ice cream, peppermint patties
Anything making you queasy or sick: no, but I'm really not all that hungry, like ever. It's very odd.
Labor Signs: Was 3cm at my last dr appt and have had terrible pelvic pressure and pain today. A few, unmeasurable contractions as well. 
Belly Button in or out: Out
Wedding rings on or off: Still off
Happy or moody most of the time: I've been a big old grump! I blame the excruciating back pain.
Looking forward to: Meeting Charlie (and getting shelving for his room
- cough cough husband!!)



Ps - if you are wondering why these posts are typically riddled with odd typos, that's because I usually write them on my phone while being held hostage in Zs room during our bedtime routine. Sorry!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...