Family of Four

Family of Four

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

37 Weeks and finally full term!

Charlie is officially considered full term. Obviously, the closer to 40 weeks, the better, but if I were to go into labor right this very moment, they would not intervene. How crazy, cool and scary is that?!? I can't believe in just a few weeks (or less) we will be a family of four!

I installed the infant seat in my car the other day and bought my Double
Bob Jogging Stroller which have both made this a whole lot more real. 

Another thing that made it oh-so-real was the hospital tour. Since Z was born in a different hospital, we wanted to take the official OB Tour to know where to park/check in and just get a feel for this hospital. I was cool as a cucumber until we stopped in a labor room and she pulled out the delivery stirrups. That brought back a flood of memories from delivering Z and it suddenly became very very real that I was going to have to go through a whole other delivery and, while I may pretend I know what to expect, I really don't. This delivery could be completely opposite of Zs. Or it could be the exact same. Or just different in enough ways to make it completely foreign. My biggest fear (well maybe not biggest since there are bigger concerns that I'm too "superstitious" to even say out loud) is laboring for hours - or days - and having it all end in a c-section any way. I have absolutely nothing against a c-section, for the record, I would just like to have a scheduled c if it was needed as to not recover from both laboring and then surgery. I need to change the subject!

Aside from being smacked in the face with the whole labor/delivery reality, I was also forced to admit I have yet to pack the hospital bags! Eek! This shouldn't be a surprise, really though, because I heavily procrastinated this task with Z too. 

I did kind of start though, so that counts, right? I have the outfits selected for Charlie, just need final approval from Mac and then his baby book and he should be all set. I organized my toiletries today and started planning my attire while in the hospital, but need to do laundry and make my official list of items since a few (like blow dryer, makeup, camera, etc) won't go in until the very last minute. And I need to get together a labor bag. I didn't have much use for the one I packed with Z, because I was in labor -at the hospital- for less than 3 hours (if you haven't yet, go read Zs birth story, it was quite quick and intense), but I probably shouldn't count on that being the case this time around. Lastly, I need to get Zs bag packed since she will be staying with my In-Laws while we are at the hospital. 

So, as you can see, still quite a bit left to do considering he could really come any day now.

Oh! And I need to deep clean my house. Ask me how excited I am for THAT one! Ugh! Anyone want to come scrub some bathrooms and vacuum/mop some floor?! (And fold/hang laundry, and dust, and ...) ;)

Time for the bump, before I start having a panic attack! 


How far along: 37 Weeks (and 3 days)
Workouts: Still teaching, but Monday was my last Fit4Baby class until after Charlie is born. So now I will just have my 2 Stroller Strides classes to teach until he gets here! 

I didn't get to workout much this past week because it has been insanely busy around here. But I did manage to squeeze in a quick arm/side
core workout during Zs nap today. Hooray. Oh! But, thanks to his lowered position, I've discovered some of my beloved booty blaster are out of the question. That was seriously a depressing moment for me. And running, pretty close to being out of the question. I feel like he will break my pelvic bone less than 5 minutes in. 
Maternity clothes: Pants are and top was bought oversized to accomodate a baby belly and then wear oversized post pregnancy. I also fit in almost NONE of my shoes, so I am that girl rocking Uggs in May. Oy! But hey, at least they are comfy and I won't stretch them out/ruin them! 
Sleep: I am still exhausted and now I wake up several times at night and still about an hour before the alarm. 
Best moment this week: Setting up the furniture in Charlie's nursery - note the crib made it's debut in this week's photo! I am still not 100% set on the layout, but I need to visualize all the art/accessories that will go in his room with it and get a few more small furniture items (night stand for next to the rocker is the big one) and then I can decide fully how I want all of it to go. Also, my Stroller Strides moms threw a surprise shower for me after class on Tuesday. It was so fun. I am truly blessed that I have found such a fantastic group of women for fun, fitness and mommy support!
Miss Anything: Wine. Red wine specifically. I also really miss my leggings and shoes. It's getting far too hot to wear denim and uggs! 
Movement: Less big movements this week, but he is still super active.
Food cravings: CHICOLATE MILK! caramel, mint, pasta, salty stuff, smoothies
Anything making you queasy or sick: not really but I have not been "craving" my daily green tea fix, so that's kind of a big deal!
Labor Signs: Same as last week. A lot more pressure and some shooting pain. I've had a few subtle Braxton hicks, but no major contractions. Still don't think he will be arriving any time too soon. But, I have a dr appt tomorrow and will learn more then.
Belly Button in or out: Flat and sometimes out
Wedding rings on or off: Still off
Happy or moody most of the time: Still a super grump and have very little patience. 
Looking forward to: My dr appt tomorrow (weird, right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...