Family of Four

Family of Four

Friday, May 1, 2015

35 Weeks - One more month

Keeping it short because, well, as usual, I'm super behind on updating and also because I'm in a pretty foul mood :( thank you pregnancy hormones!

I'm finding myself, more often than not, super swollen to the point of discomfort and even pain and my usual cheery demeanor is being overshadowed by a bit of gloom and grump. 

But, we did have our maternity photos and I was able to wear my heels and my rings, which is a step up from our last maternity shoot where I was too swollen to wear either. I loved our photographer! She lives a few houses down and was so great with getting Z to cooperate. She shared some sneak peeks the next day and I am so excited to see the rest! 

Lastly, Mac's work surprised him with a baby shower this week that was a whole lot of fun. We are so lucky to be surrounded by an array of people who truly care about us and support/love us so very much. It's a great feeling especially when bringing a new life into our world. Not to emotion we now have diapers coming out of our ears - thank you so much who helped contribute to the (more than) 2,500 diapers awaiting that cute baby tushy!

Oh! And I knocked the thank you notes and putting shower gifts away off my to-do list! Yay for being productive. I need to go buy some hangers for all his cute clothes and pick up a few miscellaneous items from our registry before I will feel adequately prepared to pack his (and my) hospital bag. That needs to happen super soon for my piece of mind. 

That said - time for the bump watch before my gloom and doom attitude drags this post down. 




How far along: 35 Weeks - at the time of the photo I think there were 34 days to go, now we are at a 30 day countdown! Holy cow!!
Workouts: Taught 5 classes this week and wen got a few of my own, quick, workouts in this week. I feel good and exhausted all at the same time. How is that even possible?!
Maternity clothes: I loathe getting dressed lately. Nothing to do with maternity vs non, insult don't think anything is flattering at this point. 
Sleep: Stay up too late, wake to often during the night and usually an hour before the alarm sounds for the day. I've had a few things stressing me out that keep me up for a bit whine I do wake in the middle of the night - that's been no fun. 
Best moment this week: Successfully potty training Z! After 3.5 days of dedicated potty training j am so happy to report that she is officially in big girl panties and hasn't had an accident yet! We aren't doing nap and overnight sans diapers yet, but she's been waking up from her nap dry, so that one might follow suit soon. I'm just happy that we will have just one kiddo in diapers once Charlie arrives!
Miss Anything: My body I worked so hard to get back (and better) after Z, feeling confident in my clothes and feeling in control of my emotions! Dang Grey's Anatomy made me realize just how much control I have lost! #RIPDerek
Movement: Always and it's getting painful from time to time. He has quite the sucker punch on him!
Food cravings: Fruit, chocolate milk 
Anything making you queasy or sick: tried eating a grilled chicken sand which today, not a good idea.
Labor Signs: A bit more pelvic pressure and some sharp shooting pains (in addition to my chronic sore and achy back) but no contractions or signs that he's coming any time soon. 
Belly Button in or out: In-ish?
Wedding rings on or off: Still on, yay. But I have a feeling that will it last much longer.
Happy or moody most of the time: Moody, definitely moody. 
Looking forward to: The arrival of his crib (thank you Kim and Scott!) and setting up his nursery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...