Family of Four

Family of Four

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

36 Weeks - Bye-Bye Wedding Rings

Well it's that time, once again for a bump update. I've reached the point of swelling where my rings no longer fit and neither do most of my shoes. I hate the whole swelling phase and the fact that it started so early this time around is just so much less fun. But .. just a few more weeks and hopefully it starts to subside quickly. I honestly don't remember how quickly the swelling went away with Z, but I do remember it getting worse before better .. yay ... 

But, on a happier note, Charlie's crib has arrived and I am hoping to set up the nursery this weekend. We have all the decor already, so once we get the furniture in place, we can pick out shelving and frames to get everything situated. I am still want certain if I want a storage piece in his room or if I want to use hanging shelves. But I think once I get the furniture arranged I will be able to decide. And don't worry, I will share photos once it's complete! 

Speaking of photos! We got the link to our maternity photos by Shannon Worley Photography and they are amazing! I am so glad we did them and that we went with Shannon. She really captured Z and our family dynamic perfectly and, if I may say so myself, the images are really gorgeous. I will share them in a latter post because I still need to download and save to my computer, and Z just woke up from her nap (luckily I did the questions first this time.



How far along: 36 Weeks (and 3 days)
Workouts: Went to Yoga on Saturday morning (thank you Liz!) Taught four classes so far this week, and have one more tonight. I am still trying to see if I can/will squeeze in Stroller Barre before my doctor's appointment tomorrow and then I'll take Stroller Strides on Friday. The weather has been far too nice not to take advantage of these outdoor workouts. 
Maternity clothes: Pants and shirt are both maternity. That might just be a first with this pregnancy. 
Sleep: I have been so exhausted this week but still waking up an hour before the alarm each morning. I hope that is not a sign that little Charlie will be an early riser. Z is a little sleeping beauty and wakes at an appropriate hour (usually 8:30/9 if I let her) I might cry if I have a 6am kid this go around. 
Best moment this week: Charlie's crib has arrived!! It was delivered to my in-laws house (because they so graciously purchased it for us) so we are picking it up on Friday and can hopefully get it setup and the dresser in his room this weekend. Yay!!! Then it's on to shelving and decor!
Miss Anything: Wine, vodka, beer ... anything with alcohol content basically. I have started carefully planning what beverage will wait my return from the hospital ;)
Movement: All.the.time! And some are still painful and uncomfortable as he continues to run out of room for the big movements he wants to make. 
Food cravings: Fruit, chocolate milk, caramel, mint, cheese
Anything making you queasy or sick: tried eating a grilled chicken sand which today, not a good idea.
Labor Signs: Same as last week. A bit of pressure and some shooting pain, but nothing that indicates he's ready to make his arrival quite yet - which, despite my complaints, is a good thing. 
Belly Button in or out: Pretty flattened now
Wedding rings on or off: They came off a few days ago and have not gone back on.
Happy or moody most of the time: Still moody, but still have lots of happy swings
Looking forward to: Decorating the nursery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...