Family of Four

Family of Four

Sunday, March 17, 2013

39 Weeks: #comeoutmckenzie


I am so over being pregnant. I know we aren't even at her due date yet, but ever since the heels went and the room was completed, I am more than ready to be done with this. And most importantly, meet McKenzie. I have even made McKenzie her very own hashtag ... #comeoutmckenzie pretty  catchy huh ;) 

***Warning - graphic pregnancy procedure talk ahead. Skip to the stars if you get grossed out easy :) I know I used to!***

This week at the Dr. I got to see my favorite of the 5 (or is it 6?) and she said that I was far enough along that she could do a membrane sweep if I wanted. My response? Heck yes, let's get this baby out! So after the exam she went ahead and did it. Unfortunately, we are approaching 48 hours since my appointment (it was at 5 on Friday) and still nothing. :( So, all that pain and cramping for nothing I guess. Ugh! Totalyl doesn't mean I won't be up for it again next week. Anything to help move her along.

***Safe Again***

I have literally tried a handful of natural induction theories with no luck. There are a few I won't try (Castor Oil sounds very unpleasant - no thank you!). I get a few braxton hicks and some cramping but no true labor. This little one is stubborn! Regardless, I plan to spend the rest of the day on my feet and walking. She has to come out sometime, right? Maybe I will be the first woman int he history of pregnancy to carry my child through her whole childhood :) at this rate it totally feels like it.

Enough complaining for one blog post. Let's get on to the update!




How far along? 39 Weeks
Maternity clothes? Yes, but just the jeans in this photo.
Sleep:  Pretty good, I fall asleep and back to sleep pretty easy, but I am still so tired all the time.
Best moment this week: Beautiful weather in AZ. This is my favorite time of year and I can't wait to start spending them at the park for play dates with McKenzie.
Miss Anything? Tanning, skinny jeans , my wedding rings and heels. I also could really  use a big glass of wine right about now.
Movement: Still moving up a storm. We have a fun little game of "move your foot" where I gently nudge her foot from an uncomfortable position and as soon as I move my hand, she immediately puts it right back. Stubborn like her mom haha.
Food cravings: Grapes, apple sauce, popsicles, juice, chocolate, root beer, fruit snacks, salsa, boneless buffalo wings ... the list can go on for days.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Just heartburn making me nauseas.
Labor Signs: currently 4cm, 100% and I didn't get the station this time. Still no contractions, but lots of cramps.
Belly Button in or out? mostly out.
Wedding rings on or off? Off :(
Happy or moody most of the time: Grumpy - #comeout Mckenzie
Looking forward to: Her finally being here. I am so ready to meet her and start my post-baby workouts - and say goodbye to this dang swelling so I can rock my fab shoes and wedding rings again.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...