Family of Four

Family of Four

Monday, January 26, 2015

22 Weeks: One Pound

This week has been fun! Last week I FINALLY found some cute boy clothes that I wanted to buy (and did) and, as you all know, shopping is like a drug to me - so that baby high carried over into this week.


Thanks to the few new outfit selections, I feel energized and ready to start tackling some more baby prepping stuff - like deciding on nursery decor and finalizing our name selection. Actually, I am particularly antsy about the last one. While we didn't have a name picked out for McKenzie until 28 weeks I feel like we need to get this little boy a name pronto. It's so funny because we found out sooner and decide later with McKenzie, yet I am still way more unsettled about him not having a name yet. I think it's partially because we had the holidays to keep us focused on other things and we didn't even find out we were having a boy until after the holidays until after they were behind us. I would share some of our contenders, but I don't even think that we are at that point just yet. Soon enough though, I promise. 

Additionally, one of my best friend's, Elena, came into town from Chicago and I got to spend some much needed girl time with her. I have been so blessed with such great friends, near and far, and I count myself quite lucky because of this. She was recently married (in May) and is talking about potentially moving to Phoenix, my fingers are crossed (100x over) that this comes to fruition. It would be so fabulous to have her close again. Plus, it wouldn't happen until they move on to the baby stage of their life, so not only will I have a bestie closer, but it would be a mommy bestie to boot! So awesome! Alas, this means it will be a bit off as far as a timeline goes, but I'm a patient girl and will settle for continued visits to the Windy City - oh darn ;)

Lastly, my prenatal workout classes started last week. Oh my gosh, so fun. I am so lucky to have the opportunity to meet such motivated and strong expecting moms and workout with them twice a week. I am really excited for this session with these ladies and to continue with future sessions throughout the pregnancy - and beyond. 

Ok, I think that basically sums up the fun of the week. Let's move on to the bump, shall we?



How far along? 22 Weeks 
Workouts: Still keeping up with my regular routine. I wasn't able to go for the bike ride/picnic I had planned with my girl friend and her daughters due to a huge migraine, but I have been making a better effort to get my own workouts in. I will also be starting a Power Pilates/Yoga class taught by my friend Liz soon. I am pretty excited about that!
Maternity clothes? I'm in that awkward phase of starting to grow out of my regular clothes (mostly jeans and more form-fitting blouses) but not yet fitting into my maternity clothes. It's no fun. But I am rocking some maternity jeans in this weeks photo - which is why they lok a bit saggy.
Sleep: Insomnia is still my enemy, but I am sleeping through the night better. That is, when Mac doesn't have the dang window open so the train blaring wakes me up a few times at night.
Best moment this week: Getting my house picked up and my laundry under better control - thanks to Elena's visit!
Miss Anything? Migraine medicine and wine. I hate turning down a good glass of wine when enjoying my Postino's bruschetta.
Movement: His kicks are finally strong enough to really feel on the outside, but I haven't been quick enough to call Mac over to feel just yet. 
Food cravings: Fresh fruit, s'mores, smoothies, caramel.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not this week. But, when I eat anything of a thicker consistency and it lingers in my mouth too long it takes all I have to swallow it. 
Have you started to show yet: Don't let the photo fool you. I'm not sure if the camera is extra forgiving, or the switch to maternity jeans helped conceal it a bit, but there is a bump. Just ask anyone who has seen me in the past couple days. he's absolutely starting to make his presence known. I am still at the uncomfortable, is she/isn't she stage, but it's certainly more noticeable. 
Labor Signs: No, still uncomfortable pressure and growing pains this week. I feel like I am more paranoid this pregnancy because I constantly find myself stopping and assessing whether I should be concerned with this or call about that...
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy, and still stressed. 


Looking forward to: Picking a name for this boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...