Family of Four

Family of Four

Monday, January 5, 2015

19 Weeks: The Big Reveal!

Last week we had our anatomy ultrasound to find out if this mini mac would be a boy or a girl. And, in true second baby fashion, we decided to forego the big gender reveal party and find out together, as a family.

Because I unknowingly scheduled the ultrasound for the one and only day/time that Mac could not attend,  I asked the ultrasound technician to not disclose the gender during the ultrasound but, instead, right it down and put it in the envelope for me. She kindly obliged and my best friend, Chrissy, helped pull it off by getting a giant balloon filled with the appropriate colored glitter and confetti. 


Note to those wanting to do the same, don't use glitter. In theory, it's great and adds a pretty effect (which it did) but it was such a mess to fill and if we looked hard enough could probably identify the color from the lingering sparkle on the outside of the balloon. 



Then, Chrissy grabbed the camera and we headed outback to find pop the balloon to see if our next baby would be all bows and tutus like miss z, or throwing on the hockey skates with Mac. McKenzie was so excited about the big balloon and couldn't keep her hands off it!



Then with a big {{POP}} we found out (much to Mckenzie's disappointment) ...



My fabulous boss at Fit4Mom Queen Creek also threw me a little gender reveal themed workout (because I LOVE themed workouts) and party too (because I love parties even more!) 


Looks like two's our lucky number. With one of each, I think it's safe to say our little family will be happily maxed out at four and we couldn't be more excited! Now, how the heck do I dress a little boy? Time to start seeking some styling inspiration! 

Now that the fun, most important, news is out of the way, time for bump watch! Yup. I took an official photo and everything just for you bloggersphere. 


This little tomato is giving me a run for my money. The headaches and breakouts are driving me absolutely bonkers and he flips, flops and kicks basically all day long. Looks like he's already a big ball of energy like his big sister. 

How far along? 19 Weeks 
Maternity clothes? Still need to pull those out, but I did buy a few new tops that I plan to use post baby too. 
Sleep: sleep ok, except for the mid-night potty breaks. Still dealing with some insomnia though and I never feel fully rested when I wake up.
Best moment this week: Finding out we will be adding a baby boy to the family! 
Miss Anything? Does my flat-ish stomach count? ;) but seriously, I would love to sit down with a glass of wine or bottle of beer at the end of the day. Oy! Pregnancy with a feisty toddler can e a bit trying at times! Dr said i didn't have to avoid Lox this time around, or else I'm sure I'd be whining about not having that this time too.
Movement: Yes, but nothing big enough for others to feel yet.
Food cravings: Grapes, oranges, smoothies, chipotle, and I can't stay away from the dang chocolate inundating my house!
Anything making you queasy or sick: A cookie did the other day, that made me really sad! Oh and Mac brought home a rotisserie chicken from the store the other day - HORRIBLE! The smell alone almost made me run to the bathroom.
Have you started to show yet: The bump is definitely forming and it seriously doubles, maybe triples, in size at night. But, those who don't know me would just assume I had some extra fluff in the mid section I suppose.
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or moody most of the time: I get weepy over the smallest things. Well I suppose emotions in general are just heightened. I get really excited over little things, I get really mad about dumb things (usually that Mac does) and fight back tears at last once a day. I'm kind of an emotional wreck! But generally happy, like usual. 
Looking forward to: Picking a name and deciding on the look for the nursery - although both are also very overwhelming at the moment too. 

Well, that's all for now friends. Check back next week as bump watch #2 continues. And who knows, Maybe I'll have a name, or a few options to share ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...