Family of Four

Family of Four

Sunday, November 18, 2012

The Higher the Hair, The Closer to God!

It is no secret that I am obsessed with all things big and fabulous. Sky high shoes, chunky rings and most importantly, volumized hair. While all three hold a very special, and equally important place in my heart, this blog is specifically dedicated to the third - hair as high as a Southern Belle.

I have used countless ounces of Bumble and Bumble hair powder since I first discovered it, check out my original tribute to big hair (and my obsession with B&B) here and here. My one problem with this product is how much of the color gets on my hands during the styling process and throughout the day when I give in to my bad habit of playing with my hair (and re-fluffing).So, when I stumbled upon (through the my other obsession - Pinterest) this video blog on achieving Texas-worthy hair, I decided to give it a shot. Now normally, the techniques I see on video blogs are rather lacking or at least not to my taste. The girls in the videos go for a slight lift at the root, and adapting it for anything more tends to fall flat rather quickly. But this one is different, the girl loves her volume almost as much as I love mine and the look really lasts!



I did supplement the teasing comb she uses for my personal fave, the 3 Row Styling Comb. I like the backcombing this one does better than any other comb I have used. And now, as I sit typing this blog, I think, I may be able to achieve even more volume, for those post-preggo nights out, if I include some of my Bumble and Bumble ... hmmm. If nothing else, it will help with the freshly washed, harder to backcomb locks. Those are always much trickier to achieve volume from than the day (or let's be real 2 day) old hair.

Here's a peek at the technique on my hair today, don't mind the picture quality, I'm not so good at the "MySpace" self portraits.



She also has some other really great videos, like this one on wearing clip-on extensions (another weakness of mine). I could spend several hours perusing her YouTube channel ...

So, now that you know my newest volumizing secret, pick your hair height poison -1 to Texas (as a girl at The DryBar so cleverly describes it) and let me know what you think of your new pumped up hair. Oh, and if you didn't already know, The DryBar opened a second AZ location near the Biltmore. While parking is a bit horrendous during peak hours, I do love the closer location.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...