Family of Four

Family of Four

Monday, April 5, 2010

Weddings are YUMMY

So TONS has happened since I last posted, I just haven't found time to sit down and write out a post for all of my lovely readers. Well as I try to catch up on blogs and updating you all on the fun stuff going on, I thought I would post some photos from the food tasting because I have those on this computer right now and, well I am really excited about the food :)

A few weeks back we met with our main contact for the resort to make our selections for the food at the wedding. First off I adore Melanie (that's her name). She is always so fun and very pleasant to work with. A few weeks before the meeting Kyle and I sat down and went through their entire menu and selected various appetizers, salads, side dishes and entrees that appealed to us and let me tell you, that was difficult in itself. Everything sounded so delicious! 

So we show up at the tasting and the room is GORGEOUS. (I forgot to take a picture) they have a table setup in a portion of a ballroom so we can get a feel for how the tables will look (without our custom linens of course). We started out by looking at the different napkin folds-oh yeas, there are quite a FEW napkin folds I learned that day. We decided on one, but it may not fold right with the satin napkins we are using so we also selected an alternative just in case. Again, no pictures, but I am crossing my fingers for the first, and Kyle is hoping for the second - we will see who gets the fold they want come the wedding I guess :)

Then we got started with the appetizers!
Picture
Hot Appetizer Options 1 - we picked Parmesan Artichoke Hearts the one on the right
Picture
Hot Appetizer Option 2 - we picked Chicken Papaya Skewers with Sweet Chili Sauce
Picture
Cold Appetizer Options - we picked the Beef on Blue Corn Cake (middle row) and Lobster Avocado Tortilla Crisp (third from the left)

Next came the salads:

Picture
Regular Salad - we picked this
Picture
Cherry Tomato with Baby Mozzerella - we picked this
Picture
Gaspacho Salad - we did not pick this
Picture
Shaved Parmesan and Wild Mushroom - we picked this
Followed by the side dishes:

Picture
Grilled Asparagus and Mushroom and Risotto Rice - we picked both
Picture
Potato and Butternut Squash Gratin and Rosemary and Sage Fingerling Potatoes - We did not pick potatoes

 Then the entrees:

Picture
Seafood Paella - we picked this
Picture
Seared Wild Salmon - we picked this
Picture
New York Strip Loin Pizzaiola Style - we picked this
Picture
Basil Crusted Leg of Lamb with Lavender Reduction - we did not pick this

Last we got to taste cake - again, I forgot the pictures but we picked 5 different cake flavors haha. We learned that instead of full-size cupcakes (we decided on cupcakes right away since I made them for Kyle when we first started dating and it's one of his favorite things to make now) they do mini cupcakes so guests can try 2 or 3 different flavors. We decided on 3 different flavors for the cupcakes, a 4th for the cutting cake and a 5th for the grooms cake (which I designed in private with the pastry chef so I can surprise Kyle with it at the wedding). I don't know about you, but I am SUPER excited for all of this cake!

The whole time we were there I was making all sorts of fun decisions for the wedding with Melanie and I started getting super excited. Things are really starting to come together and with less than 50 days to go I just can't wait for this wedding to get here already. One of the coolest parts from our tasting though was that the chef came in to talk about all the food, answer questions and just chat with us for a bit, and same with the pastry chef. Such great service to compliment some of the best food I have had in quite some time.

2 comments:

  1. Wow all of that food looks so yummy! Its getting close! I bet you're so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Sam, the food all looks so fabulous! So many selections, good for you! We can't wait...it's only right around the corner!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...