Family of Four

Family of Four

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Dress Fitting - and the many adventures of finding THE ONE

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I recently had my second dress fitting. It went SO WELL! I love what she has done so far with the bustle and taking it in at the sides and can't wait for it to be finished! It was so exciting putting the dress on this time because it is really starting to feel like my dress. I have always loved the dress but until now, it has felt like the sample with it not fitting right at the sides and needing various adjustments. But now it is all coming together and I adore it so much more. Because my guests and handsome fiance have access to this blog, I won't be posting pictures of the dress itself, but for fun - I will show you a few of the beauties that just didn't wind up making the final cut... you will certainly see why as you laugh your way through these photos. OH! and I should probably mention, as most of you don't know, my original plan was to have my mom make a custom dress for me, so many of the dresses in these photos only have pieces of what I wanted in a dress, luckily I found my gorgeous gown and loved her just as she was!


Haha... this is the picture I made of what I was picturing for my dress...

This, and the few below it, were taken at David's Bridal on a camera phone. I was not a fan of the store or that experience, hence the lovely facial expressions.

I literally felt like a cartoon version of Sleeping Beauty in this dress - just AWFUL
And this is when I decided mermaid cut was not for me
They finally brought me a veil, but I still wasn't feeling it

LOVED shopping at Suzanne's - this is where the smiles come out
Everyone in the store thought this was for sure the one but I really only LOVED the sparkle on the top, didn't care for the bottom.
This was my second runner up - she's a Kitty Chen, but my fabulous Maggie was the ultimate winner, she is perfect in every way!

The day after the dress fitting I went to design my veil with the same woman who is making my jewelry. Luckily she told me to bring my dress because the veil I had imagined wanting would have looked AWFUL with it and I would have been devastated once I finally had them together. After two hours of looking through different lengths, styles, cut and embellishments for veils we finally designed my dream veil for the wedding.

It will have two layers in a circle cut so all the design is at the bottom, not by my face, and both layers will have scalloped edges to give it the texture I am looking for. There will be beading along the edge that will match the beading on my dress and give it just a hint of sparkle. Here is the closest picture I could find to what it should look like when she is finished, mine will be a bit longer and there won't we any swirly threading like this one has, just straight beading for bling.



Hope you enjoyed looking through some of my photos from my dress adventure. I'll be sure to post plenty of pictures after the wedding so you can see my dress in all of her marvelous glory! As always, thanks for stopping by the blog and staying up with our latest wedding adventures. Plenty more to come so stay tuned!

xoxo,
Samantha

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I wore Maggie Sottero for my wedding! Can't wait to see pictures, I am sure you will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...