Family of Four

Family of Four

Thursday, April 16, 2015

33 Weeks - The Stomach Bug Strikes

As you can see, I completely missed my 31 and 32 week updates! Oops! Quite a bit has happened between the last post and this post, most notably, a baby shower! yay! Two of my good girlfriends hosted a gorgeous shower in my neighborhood and it couldn't have been more perfect. There is just something about being surrounded by so many people who love an care about you and are all so excited to welcome your baby into the world. I am also happy to report that, unlike Z's shower, I remembered my camera and have some great pictures to share, so ... I will create a separate post to showcase all their gorgeous party-throwing skills.

One thing totally worth mentioning however, is that we finally announced our name for little mister Mac! Yay!


We are so excited to share that our little boy will be named: 

CHARLIE SCOTT MCINTOSH

Charlie, because we just like that name, and Scott after both of our dads! What do you think? Love it? Hate it? Actually don't tell me! Because we like it and that would be no fun if you didn't. 

Another big event that happened while I was away came this week. I had to go to OB Triage at Banner Gateway. I had a terrible stomach bug and my doctor was worried about dehydration inducing contractions and recommended I go in. So I went in and they monitored both me and Charlie. Everything checked out fine, no contractions (yay!) and I was able to start keeping fluids down orally, so no IVs of fluid (another yay!). They did tell me not to work out the rest of the week, so that made me sad, but a healthy, happy baby is the most important goal, so I am reluctantly obliging. Unfortunately, the bug hit Z today, so I have been dealing with a sick (and scared) tot while trying to recover myself. No fun! Hopefully we are both better by this weekend for the baby shower my in-laws are throwing for me. Well, Z isn't coming, but I still hope she recovers quickly.

That's all for now. Let's play a little photo catch up before getting to this week's update.






How far along: 33 Weeks (and 4 days)
Workouts: Thanks to my stomach bug, no working out this week.
Maternity clothes: Not in this photo, but the skirt is usually really big on me when im not pregnant. Getting dressed is really frustrating lately though! Maxi dresses make me look HUGE and and it's getting too hot for pants. I've come to realize I prefer to pair tight with flowing, so maxi skirt with form-fitting top, or pencil skirt with flowy blouse. So dresses drive me nuts right now. Oh!and thank to my fabulous (sense the sarcasm?) compression stockings, I'm even more limited on my bottom half attire. oy! - And actually, looking at the 4 photos, the only maternity piece are the jeans in my 31 Weeks photo. Well that and the Bao Bei Maternity Belly Bra that I wear religiously, but it's an under layer, so you can't see it. 
Sleep: Still waking up a few times at night and usually before the alarm goes off.
Best moment this week: My baby shower. I love parties and I love my friends. Celebrating baby Charlie was so much fun and I can't thank Liz and Chrissy enough for hosting such a fabulous event. 
Miss Anything: A tan! Most of my wardrobe, working out (this week) and red wine and hard apple cider - although at the moment, those sound terrible. 
Movement: 
Constant. He flips and fops all day, which hasn't helped with the queasiness brought on by the stomach bug. But, at least I know he's doing well!
Food cravings: Fruit, smoothies, soup
Anything making you queasy or sick: The thought of anything dairy right now makes me nauseous. But really, lots of food is doing that this week.
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out: Well, it's kind of flat right now I suppose. But probably still technically in.
Wedding rings on or off: On, for now. I can tell it's only a matter of time. with the swelling and the heat, they are starting to drive me nuts. 
Happy or moody most of the time: Moody and emotional. 

Looking forward to: The baby shower my in-laws are hosting this weekend and setting up his nursery!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...