Family of Four

Family of Four

Thursday, March 26, 2015

30 Weeks: A jam packed week

We had quite the busy week/weekend! The latter part of the week we threw a small play date party to celebrate McKenzie's second birthday with the friends she plays with on a regular basis, and from there the rest of our week was filled with fabulous wedding festivities for my cousin, Kari. On Saturday Kari and Matt were married with McKenzie as one of their flower girls. Seriously, she looked so stinkin' cute. And my cousin was stunning. She looked so magical, that McKenzie kept calling her Elsa (from Frozen) it was adorable. We partied the night away and woke up the next day to McKenzie's second birthday.

For her birthday, we wanted to keep it simple. We had breakfast at Joe's and then went to a spring training game for some fun in the sun. After a quick nap, we had a nice birthday dinner, just the three of us, and a little bit of dessert. It really was a great day and I got a little weepy that this will be the last birthday with just her. In just a few short months this little boy will be here and, as excited as I am to have him as part of the family, it made me a little sad for how much is really about to change. I can already see how grown Mckenzie's has become and it;s only going to continue as we add a baby to the family. We are in for quite the ride.

In addition to all the exciting festivities, Z started her ISR refresher class and is doing so well. She cried the entire first week, but she is back to loving it and doing so well. I love seeing her swim and float and completely navigate around the pool unassisted. It is such a relief to know that as my attention will start to be divided with this little boy, that I can rest much easier with our little fishy around the water.

Lastly, Mac got to work on painting the nursery and it looks fabulous! You will get a peek in this week's photo. Up next is Z's room, which I am so very excited to see completed as well. With that, let's get on to the bump watch update :)



How far along: 30 Weeks - While this blog post is pretty, the photo actually isn't so I'm at a 50% win for the week, right?!?
Workouts: With our busy schedule the workouts have suffered a little, but I'm still staying active.
Maternity clothes: Pants are a must and some shirts too. The biggest maternity wear change comes in the form of compression stockings though. My swelling has gotten so bad that I basically have to wear them every day, for the majority of the day. No fun!
Sleep: Waking up earlier and more often throughout the night. But not having nearly as much trouble falling asleep since the weather is heating up and we seem to be non stop during the day lately. 
Best moment this week: So much! Watching Kari and Matt get married, celebrating Z's birthday, starting ISR ... it's been an exciting week (and a half). But as far as new baby goes, the best part of this week would have to be getting his room painted. I can't wait to start getting his furniture and getting the decor hung/set out.
Miss Anything: Still my leggings (although I got lazy and wore some for the photo - against my better judgement!) and non swollen feet/legs. This revelation has severly limited my footwear selection as well. No fun!
Movement: 
He moves a ton. So much more than Z did. She had hiccups and quick jabs, but he does full blown flips and turns that still give me motion sickness. It is a completely different feeling than when I was pregnant with Z.
Food cravings: Root beer floats (of course) anything with cheese, smoothies, oranges
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing specifically, I just can't eat a ton or I feel miserable and I get heartburn so easily. That's the worst. 
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out: In - but I can tell it's starting to push out a bit.
Wedding rings on or off: On - but my hands get really swollen at night so I sometimes wind up needing to take them off to sleep.
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy. Too much excitement not to be. But I am a bit overwhelmed at the realization of just how much I have to do around this house to prepare for a baby. 

Looking forward to: Announcing his name and getting his room filled with furniture and decor. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...