Family of Four

Family of Four

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Here Comes Fall!

Yes, it may still be sunny and 100 in the Valley of the Sun, but I officially have fall on the brain - and it's all Starbucks' fault! You see, I made my regular post Stroller Strides Starbuck stop this morning and was greeted by the highly-anticipated arrival of all things pumpkin! So, of course, I just had to indulge in a pumpkin cream cheese muffin - Liz, just pretend you didn't see that ;) Then, in true "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" fashion, my gears began to turn with thoughts of all things fall.

In addition to a plethora of pumpkin laden eats, drinks and treats there are a few other things that rank fall among my favorite time of the year. Although, I should probably admit now that each season brings something that, at some point or another, makes it my favorite time of year ... so make what you will of that. But, here is why I am ready to bid adieu to summer. 
Food
First and foremost - the aforementioned pumpkin. I really just can't get enough. In fact, I think it is time to start bringing back my pumpkin protein smoothies. Oh my gosh, just typing that makes me want to run downstairs and make one! Here's the recipe:

Ingredients
   1/2 cup Libby's 100% Pure Pumpkin (not pie filling!)
   1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use Designer Whey)
   1 frozen banana (I keep bags of pre-sliced bananas in my freezer)
   1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
   1 tsp cinnamon
   1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
   5-6 ice cubes

Method
   Blend ingredients until smooth

Fashion
Another fall favorite of mine is the fashion! Boots, leggings, cardigans, scarves ... what's not to love? There is just something about layering that makes me giddy. Alas, since I refuse to torture myself with clothing that can yet me reemerged, I will hold off on my fall fashion favorites for now. Instead, I will simply reminisce with you over one of my favorite ensembles from last fall. Oh (p)leather, I have surely missed you!


Fun
We love being outdoors! The arrival of fall means cooler temperatures which means lots and lots of outdoor festivities. As most of you know, we recently moved into a new neighborhood that is brimming with children McKenzie's age and I am told, when the weather is nice, the parks are quite active. Plus, I won't need to wake up at the crack of dawn to go for a bike ride nor wait until the sun goes down to head out for a run. PLUS, we can start going to the zoo again. Which I am super excite for now that McKenzie knows (and loves) animals. 

So tell me, what's your favorite thing about fall?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...