Family of Four

Family of Four

Saturday, September 22, 2012

14 Weeks: When life hands you lemons

This week ended a little rough, not because of the growing baby in my belly, but just in general. See, a little less than two months back it was decided my workload was big enough to split between two people. I was overjoyed! No more ridiculous amounts of overtime and 10pm departures from the office!

Well  ... on Wednesday I went to work and found out that same girl who was assigned to help me out had just put in her two week notice. However, because she was going to work for a competitor, she had to be walked out that day so I had one hour to get up to speed on everything and take over once again. Needless to say the last part of the week saw a few late nights. Fingers crossed they find a replacement soon!

But now the weekend is here and I couldn't be happier because Saturdays bring the start of a new pregnancy week! So here we are ... week 14!



How far along? 14 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 2 lbs
Maternity clothes? No, but I did have to "retire" a few jeans this week. I wasn't really ready for that yet.
Stretch marks? No and fingers crossed this remains the answer all the way through!
Sleep: It's harder to get comfortable at night, but there have been a few nights I have slept all the way through - SCORE!
Best moment this week: Catching up with my little sis Sarah from my sorority. I just love our talks, it doesn't matter how much time passes she and I have just always been a natural fit. I adore her!
Miss Anything? Happy hours with yummy cocktails.
Movement: Nada 
Food cravings: Lemonade, cookies and smoothies. I saw these Rolo Cheesecake Bars on Pinterest the other night I had literally haven't been able to stop thinking about them!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Salad (the lettuce part) and chicken, really most meat in general actually.
Have you started to show yet: A little bump. I feel like the "bump" looks more pregnant-esque now rather than just pudgy, but that might just be me.
Gender prediction: I have a feeling this little one might be a girl. I found a great article online with 10 fun gender predictors, and minus the few that I think are weird and won't do (do people really pee in a cup of draino?) all of them point to girl.
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: Fall fashion and finding out if our little lemon is a he or she. I am itching to start shopping for this little one!

Well that is it for now! This preggo mama is headed to Sonic for a strawberry lemonade and maybe an ice cream concoction of some sort? :)

xoxo,

Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...