Family of Four

Family of Four

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

13 Weeks: Happy Birthday Kaden James

This week marks two big milestones. First up is the 5th birthday of my handsome Nephew, Kaden James!

I can't tell you how much I adore this little boy. He is seriously so intelligent and just the most loving kid ever. His happiness knows no end and every time I am near him I can't help but smile. He is just precious and now, he is a big 5 year old and in kindergarten. Happy birthday Kaden! Auntie Sam and Uncle Mac love you more than you even know!





The second milestone ... 


I am officially in the second trimester! YAY!



How far along? 13 Weeks, 3 Days
Total weight gain/loss: 2 lbs
Maternity clothes? Still nope. Just my trusty Bella Bands. I do have a few pairs of pants, especially my slacks, that can't quite button. Well I probably could but nobody wants to see a baby-belly muffin top ;)
Stretch marks? No and fingers crossed this remains the answer all the way through!
Sleep: Last night was terrible. I couldn't sleep for the life of me, hopefully it was just a fluke, but I have a feeling it was not.
Best moment this week: Watching Kaden celebrate his 5th birthday with all of his friends. And finally getting rid of the 5-day migraine! (apparently Tylenol and regular Coca Cola is the magic pregnancy cure for a migraine.)
Miss Anything? Migraine medication. While the coke and Tylenol helped get rid of the pain, it wasn't nearly as effective as medication. 
Movement: I swear I feel baby moving sometimes when I lay real still at night, but too soon. 
Food cravings: Lemonade and cookies. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Salad (the lettuce part) and chicken, really most meat in general actually.
Have you started to show yet: A little bump so far - still just looks like my standard "food baby" to me.
Gender prediction: Daddy says boy, everyone else says girl and mommy still has no clue. But I really want to know so I can start buying stuff for this little peach.
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Weekly Wisdom: I am not a fan of the question "were you trying?" in response me saying I am pregnant. Really, if we weren't (which isn't the case for us), I wouldn't want to talk about my baby being an accident. Unless you are one of my closest relationships, I am telling you out of excitement - so let's celebrate! Plus, if I wasn't talking about my sex life with you before, I really don't want to start now just because I am pregnant. :)
Looking forward to: Same as last week, and it will likely remain this way until week 18 when we find out if little peach is a he or she: Finding out the gender, designing the nursery and shopping for a cute winter maternity wardrobe!Oh and my gender reveal party. SO EXCITED for that!

All in all this pregnancy has been really great. I thank my lucky stars for that because I know it could be so much worse. So, here is to the start of the second trimester. I am so excited for what the upcoming months hold for Mac and me.


Thanks for spending a few minutes of your day with me. Hope you are enjoying my accounts of this journey as much as I enjoy experiencing it all.


xoxo,


Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...