Family of Four

Family of Four

Monday, November 25, 2013

McKenzie is 8 Months

I have been so bad! I can't believe how behind I am on my blog and updates about McKenzie. I am working on  going fill in each month, with what I can remember. But that will take a bit of time, so I wanted to at least get the current month up. I actually feel like quite a terrible mom for not keeping better track of her milestones and everything. So much changes each month, week even, that I really should have been better about it all, but I have been having too much fun being in the moment with her (and getting some work done too) that I just never made the time. But, I decided if I make it simple enough and just jot down a few of the big things each month I should be more successful. So, let's begin - 8 months, holy cow! When did that happen?




Weight: 15 lbs, 9.5 oz - 16% 
Height: 26.25 inches - 18%
Head: 17.75 inches - 90%
Clothes: She falls right between 0-3 and 3-6 month clothing and size 2 diapers. But her hats are 6-12 months haha
Milestones: She has mastered her army crawl but is more interested in pulling herself up to stand and trying to walk. The doctor said she doesn't think she will crawl for long. She can also go from her stomach to sitting
Food: We have been having so much fun trying new foods! New this month were butternut squash (which she loved) bananas (which she didn't at first, but likes them now), prunes (which she loves) and green beans. She also likes to take little samples of mom's food at any chance she gets.She really likes Paradise Bakery's Fire Roasted Tomato Soup - she her momma's daughter.
Sleep: McKenzie is still a little night owl. She stays up until 9:30-10:00 (and sometimes later) but likes to sleep in as a result, which is wonderful. She wakes up about 1-2 times at night for a quick snack and usually goes right back to bed (if she even fully wakes up). But, since a habit/for comfort and she doesn't "need" to eat in the middle of the night, we are trying to break her of this habit.
Words: She still says dadadadada but added babababa now too. We think "uh bah bah" is what she is calling dogs. She said it every time Davey (Elena's dog) came around and now when She-ra does too.
Teeth: Still NONE! I swear this kid is going to be the toothless wonder!
Other comments: Our fall festivities began with a trip to the pumpkin patch - which was more for pictures and me, since she had no idea what was going on. But it was a beautiful day and a nice way to get the families together. Then, for Halloween, Little Love was the cutest mouse you have ever seen. We went trick or treating with Chrissy and her kids (Kaylee and Brodie) and Kaylee insisted McKenzie needed to get candy too. It was cute. We also rode on a plane for the first time! We went to Chicago for my cousin's wedding and McKenzie was a traveling champ. She did so well on the plane, with just a little whining when she got tired. I, however, was not my usually traveling pro since I wasn't sure of all the logistics with bringing the car seat and stroller through security. But we figured it out without causing too much delay. On the way back, I thought I'd be a savvy traveler once again, but apparently Chicago and Phoenix have different policies, so, again, we caused a slight delay .Luckily they have a specific line for families/strollers, so it was just other parents who understood what I was dealing with. All in all, a great month. But, as usual, it has gone way too fast and she is getting too big. I can't believe how independent she already is - and fearless. At this very moment she is using me to stand up then letting goto see if she can stand on her own. We are going to have our hands full with this one.
Favorite moments and outfits caught on film:
 Cousin Emily came to visit (from College)
 The sink is our favorite place to sit while mommy gets ready
 Playing peek-a-boo with Daddy's hat
 Lunch at Joe's Farm Grill before the Pumpkin Patch
 Pumpkin Patch growth chart
 Little pumpkin in the pumpkins
 Strollin' through the corn maze
 All ready for family pictures
 Showing off our halloween jammies
 Some little mouse found the candy
Besties
 Standing up like such a big girl
 not a fan
 we love faux fur
 first time riding in the front of the cart
 Mmmm tomato soup
 at the bean in Chicago
 winter wear - and more faux fur
 her outfit for the wedding - in Chicago
Brunch with Elena (and Scott too!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...