Family of Four

Family of Four

Saturday, October 15, 2011

NIKE Women's Half Marathon Here I Come!

So as many of you know I have been training all summer with Team in Training to complete my first half marathon (13.1 mile run) and first half iron man (1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike and 13.1 mile run). It has been a long, painful - but fun - summer and my half marathon race weekend is finally here!







The team arrived in San Francisco yesterday morning for the NIKE Women's Marathon (half in my case) and couldn't be more excited. Normally I have a deep-seeded despise for running, but there are a few reasons I have caved in for this one.


1. My handsome husband loves running and I'd like to get better at it so we can run together
2. With Team in Training all of my efforts (and hard earned fundraising dollars) bring us one step closer to finding a cure for blood cancers (which many of you know my Grandma just died from in September)
3. I get a fabulous Tiffany's necklace from a handsome fireman in a tuxedo as I cross the finish line
4. I get to make a girls weekend of it with my mother-in-law Kim, sister-in-law Jessica and good friend Lauren who all trained and fundraised with Team in Training as well.


If these three factors aren't motivation enough, I don't know what is. So, for those of you who wish to follow my journey through my first half marathon go to: http://nwm.sportstats.ca/


If you enter my info (bib number 7211) you can get updates on how I am doing.


For this race NIKE writes every runner's name on a big pink wall outside of NIKE Town. Jess, Kim and I found our names when we arrived yesterday! How cool is that?!?






Talk to you all soon!


xoxo
Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...